In commemoration of Iphones ten year anniversary three new products were unveiled on September 12th 2017 at the Steve Jobs Theatre; The Iphone X, Iphone 8 and Iphone 8 plus, and the 3 series Apple watch. The Iphone X pronounced as Iphone "ten" will be available for order on October 27th and deliveries will begin on November 3rd just in time for the holidays. It’s made from surgical grade stainless steel, and glass on the rear panel. It’s water and dust resistant, and available in space grey and silver.
The iPhone X starts at $999, £999 in the UK and AU$1,579 in Australia. The 256GB version costs $1,149, £1,149 in the UK and AU$1,829 in Australia. On the other hand the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus start at $699 and $799, respectively and are priced at £699 and £799 in the UK, and AU$1,079 and AU$1,229 in Australia.
The Apple Iphone X is:
- The first to have a 5.8-inch screen with ultraslim bezels. The screen takes up the whole of the phone’s front panel.
- The first to use an OLED screen, a different technology than the typical LCD panels, which Apple says will make colors absolutely pop.
- The first to completely do away with the iconic home button.
- The first to offer Face ID as a new way to securely unlock the phone and pay in the check-out line.
- The first to nab optical image stabilization for both rear 12-megapixel camera lenses, a portrait mode on the front-facing camera (despite having just one lens and not two), and a new feature to animate emojis.
The iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are also the first phones to launch Apple IOS 11 software which comes with improvements for Siri, the lock screen and notifications. You can find out more by visiting Apple.